Do you all realize we live in a human world? If you haven’t noticed, mistakes are a part of our daily life. Mistakes happen on the job, with the choice of friends and even in financial decisions. The important thing is that your mistakes came from yesterday can become TODAY’S TRIUMPHS.
You can change the direction of your life by the way you look at your mistakes and failures. You can step out of FAILURE and into VICTORY by what you see in your failures.
FIVE SUGGESTIONS FOR RECOVERING FROM YOUR MISTAKES:
1. ACCEPT YOUR HUMANITY: The possibilities of you making a mistake are 100 percent. It will happen, how you respond to that mistake is the difference maker. Don’t use being HUMAN as an excuse to continue making the same mistakes.
2. ADMIT YOUR MISTAKES: Recognize and confess it to yourself. Do not justify it and don’t lie to yourself. Take a taste test on REALITY.
3. ASSIGN RESPONSIBILITY OF THE MISTAKE TO THOSE RESPONIBLE. If others are involved, you must allow them to accept their own share of the blame. It usually is not all your fault.
4. REVIEW OTHER POSSIBILITIES AVAILABLE TO YOU AT THE TIME OF YOUR MISTAKE. Obviously you made a wrong move, but what were your choices at the time? Could you have done it differently? Did you do your very best? Sometimes the decision made was the only one that seemed correct.
5. WHO OR WHAT WAS INFLUENCING YOU AT THE TIME OF YOUR MISTAKE? Sometimes people or things around you will temp you to make a decision that is not really the wisest choice to make. Judge the people and things that were involved when you made the choice, even if it turned out wrong.
“If God Cushioned Every Blow, You Would Never Grow” Grow and learn from past mistakes and know you will make more in the future. Learn from them.